Thursday, March 1, 2012

Update on the Big Move

So much has happened in the last month. Brian and I went on a cruise to celebrate our 10th Anniversary (more on that later) and we finally got the details of our Foreign Assignment Agreement. Brian's been super busy with making travel arrangements not only for himself but for my trip at the end of March and for our relocation at the beginning of June. He's also been working on securing our Visas which will allow us to live in the UK and hopefully allow me to work as a Scentsy consultant. It's been incredibly stressful for him but hopefully there's a light at the end of the tunnel very soon.


For my part, I've been doing a endless amounts of de-cluttering. I swear every day I find an area that needs cleaning out. I'm just about done moving stuff into storage now. Just one last box or two with the items we'll need until we fly out in June. If you've never heard of Freecycle, you should definitely look into it. People list things they want to give away to anyone who can use it. I've posted more stuff on Freecycle in the last month than I have in the last year. Thankfully just about everything has been picked up and found new homes. I've also made countless trips to the local donation bins with clothes that no longer fit/are in fashion and other household items that could go to someone in need.

Brian leaves tomorrow afternoon and will be in temporary housing (hotel) for the next 30 days. Hopefully he'll get set up with a car quickly and all set on his new project. Over the next few weeks, he'll be visiting several schools and will decide which one will be the best fit for the boys. On March 23rd, I'll fly over and spend three days looking at houses with Brian. Stay tuned for photos and hopefully video of our new home and school.

While Brian is busy in the UK, things will be hectic here at home. Over the weekend, the boys and I will be relocating to my parents house up in the Copperfield area where we'll live until our June departure date. The movers will be coming Monday to pack up our furniture and get it on a boat bound for the UK. Hopefully I've done a good job of organizing and cleaning out all the things we don't need. As soon as everything is out of the house, painters will be coming to repaint all of the bedrooms and bathrooms and paint over all of the maroon accent walls. Once that's done, we'll bring in a cleaning crew to give the house a really good scrubbing. Last but not least we'll get the carpets cleaned. After that, the house will be tenant ready!!

Well that's everything we know at the moment. I'll try to do a better job of updating the blog especially with news of our move.

0 comments: