Saturday, June 2, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Jude!!

I can hardly believe Jude is actually 3. It seems like he's been three for ages now and it's been hard to remember that he is still 2. His language has just exploded in the last 6 months and he's saying things and I swear James and John didn't say/ask until they were much older. I guess this comes from being the third child with two much older brothers. Potty training is going as well as can be expected. Some days are great, others not so great. He's still not pooping in the potty which is becoming frustrating. He's done it a handful of times but he's not consistent and I can never tell when he's going to go. He is very ready for school and thanks to CBeebies (Like PBS and Disney Junior) is learning his numbers and letters. He's already mastered colors and is pretty close to mastering shapes.

As I said in my previous post, we spent most of Jude's actual birthday in Oxford but when we got home, we spent some time celebrating. We ate some brownies I had made the day before and then opened presents. Jude received the plane from the movie Cars 2, his own Hot Wheels monster truck (he loves the one James has) and his very own three wheeled scooter. All the little British kids here seem to have scooters and he was always pointing to them while we were out shopping. He even asked us to look for them in the Argos catalog. Jude was super excited and wanted me to put it together right away. He's been zooming around the house and patio ever since.

Jude is such a great little boy and definitely my little buddy. He's always trying to help me no matter what I'm doing. He's very sweet to Jonah for the most part and loves to give him hugs and kisses. They definitely need to work on the sharing but they play well together most of the time. Jonah and I will definitely miss him when he goes to school next year but I know he'll have fun and will enjoy making new friends.

0 comments: