Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year. Saturday night James and I had dinner with my parents and sister. John and Jude took a late nap and were not in the mood for dinner at a nice restaurant. Sunday morning I was greeted with lots of hugs and kisses and the presents the boys had made for me at school. John made a really pretty candle holder decorated with flowers and his school picture. James wrote me a very nice letter, made me a bookmark and a card. He also sang me a really nice song he learned at school. I also received a really pretty Vera Bradley ribbon board, apron, and recipe box from Brian. Later that morning, we went to church as a family and were fortunate enough to find a seat. 9:30 Mass at our church is almost always packed to the gills. After church, James and I went to go see Iron Man 2 together. We both really enjoyed the movie and lunch at the Alamo Draft House. We also ran to Petco to get a few things for Whinnie. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing at home which is exactly what we needed after a busy Saturday. The last part of my Mother's Day festivities will be a trip to Napa, CA with my mom and sister. We leave on the 15th and get back on the 19th. I'm really looking forward to a few days without my normally mommy duties. I'm sure I will miss them terribly but I definitely need a break.

0 comments: