Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day weekend always seems to be a busy one for us. Last year we had the older boys' birthday party. This year we went to take family pictures with my parents and sister on Saturday morning. We hadn't taken any pictures with them since John was 6 months old so they were long overdue. I've had that particular photographer a number of times and he always manages to get a number of good shots even with all the fussing, crying for pacifiers, not following directions, etc. I'll have to see if my parents got a CD of the pictures so I can post a couple up here. The boys have changed so much since we took family pictures 6 months ago. Jonah was itty bitty back then and had to be held by James or John and now he's sitting on his own next to his brothers.

Later Saturday afternoon we visited Aunt Sarah at her new apartment in Katy. She accepted a job with Academy and will be living just a few miles from us. We're hoping to see a lot more of Aunt Sarah, Poppa Mike and Mimi in the coming years. Her apartment is super cute and will serve as a nice starter home for her as she starts her new career. Brian, James and John ate a late lunch with them while I cleaned up the house for Supper Club later that night.

Supper Club ended up being more of a dessert club this month. The theme was pies and I fixed chicken pot pie for the main course. While everyone said it was tasty, I think I prefer the frozen kind. I say that it ended up being a dessert club this month because I forgot which course I had assigned the couple that wasn't going to be able to make it. I thought it was dessert so I picked up key lime pie and some apple tarts at the store. Well as it turns out, they were assigned appetizers so we also had peach cobbler and apple pie. Everyone had their fill of dessert as we played several rounds of Wits and Wagers. If you've never played this game, I highly recommend it. We've always had a great time playing it with our friends. The BEST part of the game is that you don't have to know the answer to the questions. Each player makes a guess and then you each bid on which answer you think is closest to correct without going over (ala the Price is Right). Once the answer is read, the player guessed correctly and those who bid on the correct answer win poker chips. Again, loads of fun and highly recommended by the Hadleys!!!

Mother's Day was a lot of fun and busy at the same time. Brian and the older boys made me breakfast in bed - biscuits, eggs, and hot tea. It was super delicious!! After that, I got ready for the day and we were off for a quick visit to the land. Neither Sarah or Mike had ever seen it so we decided to take them up for a quick look around. On our way back to town, we stopped to get the boys some lunch and then drove home to my parents house to have lunch with my wonderful mother and pick up the little boys. She had our new family photos all framed and ready to go up on the walls. I can't wait to see them hung the next time we visit them!!

0 comments: