Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lasik

So the surgery went off without a hitch. Other than the really long wait before the surgery it was actually really easy. They didn't give me the Valium until right before the surgery so I'm not sure how much of an effect it had on me. The whole thing didn't last very long at all and once I sat up, I could read the clock clear as day. The day of surgery my only complaint was sensitivity to light. Saturday wasn't too bad either until the end of the day when my eyes started burning pretty bad (all normal) and I didn't have my pain meds with me. Thankfully after a good night of sleep, they were fine in the morning. Sunday was the same thing but I was back at home and had my medication which helped tremendously. Come Monday, all the pain and burning was done and I was losing the sensitivity to light. Tuesday I went for my follow up and could see 20/40 individually and 20/30 together. My eyesight improved as the days went on. I can definitely see why people are willing to shell out thousands of dollars for this surgery. It is incredible. I have not been able to see clearly without glasses or contacts since the second grade. I have another follow up on Thursday and I imagine I see 20/20 if not better with my own two eyes. This is by far the best investment I've ever made in myself!!

0 comments: