Saturday, October 6, 2012

Scentsy Convention 2012 - Las Vegas

At the end of July, I was able to attend my very first Scentsy convention in Las Vegas. It was an incredible experience!! Brian drove me to the train station early Tuesday morning and I make the long train journey to Gatwick. The train ride was rather long but so very convenient. It took me right to the terminal and after a short walk, I was at the check in counter. I flew Virgin Atlantic which was a first for me. I've decided that I judge airlines/flights based on their entertainment system. The flight over to Vegas was great! Huge movie selection and great food. We got in a little late which worried me since I knew I had go find Jocelyn at another terminal. I got through immigration, got my bags and took the shuttle to the other terminal. Once there, I discovered that Jocelyn's flight was going to be really late. I have never been more thankful for free wi-fi!! I was able to check my e-mail, Facebook and read before she landed. We had planned to do some fun things that evening but with her flight coming in super late, all we had time to do was get to the hotel, check in and grab dinner. We met up with our director and super star director and had a FUNTASTIC dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in the Forum Shops at Caesars. I so missed American food!! After dinner we headed back to the room for a much needed good night of sleep.

Our first day there was rather relaxing. We got up when we felt like it, got dressed at a leisurely pace and walked to a nearby restaurant for breakfast. After that we got all checked in for the convention. As expected, the lines were long and it took quite a long time to get all checked in. I know I didn't blog about it before but I was having a super tough time getting registered for US convention after I transferred over to the UK. In the end, they registered me "manually" and said I was good to go. Alas, I wasn't in the computer system and after getting Jocelyn checked in, we had to go to the help desk to get me registered and all set up.

I'm certain I'm not doing the trip justice but convention was full on amazing speeches not only by the speakers brought in but especially by our President, Heidi and our CEO, Orville. I think the highlight of the whole event was the reveal of our newest Scentsy Family brand - Grace Adele. All of us consultants had been waiting on the edge of our seats to find out what it would be. While several consultants weren't excited about selling purses and jewelry, the overwhelming majority of the room was overjoyed. Of course, it didn't hurt that they (Heidi and Orville) gave everyone (over 11,000 attendees) a purse and accessories.

I had a fantastic trip. I so needed a break from life as a mother of 4. It was so great to be surrounded by my Scentsy family and getting energized for the upcoming months. It was also wonderful to spend some much needed quality time with my sister who is also a new Scentsy Family Consultant. I really look forward to going again in the future.

Finally, a HUGE thank you to Jackie Kirby for watching the boys so Brian could go to work while I was away!!

0 comments: