Saturday, October 6, 2012

Scentsy UK Convention 2012 - Leeds

So I landed back in the UK on Monday morning and was off again to the UK Scentsy Convention in Leeds early Friday morning. Brian dropped me off at the train station in Reading and I was off to London. After a quick trip on the tube, I was at Kings Cross Station (no, didn't have time to visit Platform 9 and 3/4) ready to board my train to Leeds. I must say, after this trip, I've become quite the fan of trains. I made it to Leeds with plenty of time to get checked in for convention. They events team did a fantastic job of picking a wonderful hotel to host us. The Queens was absolutely beautiful and as a bonus, a super short walk from the train station.  


This convention was far more intimate than the big production in Vegas. There were less than 150 consultants there and we all got lots of time to talk to Orville and Heidi. I found the speeches to be just as moving and inspirational the second time around and I was glad to be able to receive the message twice. As far as the company/products go, we didn't get either of the new brands (Velata and Grace Adele) but we did get a Personal Care line (shower cream, body lotion, and hand cream to join the solid perfume) and wonderful improvements to the warmers. All in all, things are moving in a very positive direction here in the UK and I'm so excited to be spreading the Scentsy love in my little part of the country. 

This trip was much more brief. Convention ended Saturday late afternoon and I was on a train home shortly afterwards. This time, I connected in Birmingham and it was a pretty fast trip home. AND the train had wi-fi meaning I could check e-mail and Facebook while traveling. Once I was finally home, I was done traveling for quite a while. Just ready to be home and enjoy the rest of the summer with my boys.

0 comments: