Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The time has finally arrived

We've finally reached the end of this pregnancy. I went to see the OB this morning and we decided to go ahead and induce tomorrow morning. I'll be 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. There's really no reason to wait since Jude should be done baking and ready to come out. After having John almost five weeks early, I never thought I'd make it this far. My only wish was to make it to 37 weeks and hope to avoid a stay in the NICU. Here we are two weeks past that point.

Since the decision was made this morning, I've been cleaning and doing laundry like a mad woman. I don't want to bring home our new baby boy to a messy house and piles of laundry. Hopefully all the activity will bring on some contractions. While they're uncomfortable, hopefully they will get me moving in the right direction for tomorrow. We also decided to take James out for his birthday meal today. He really wanted to eat at Rainforest Cafe and I have no desire to take a 10 day old newborn to a restaurant. He had a wonderful time seeing all the animals, fish, and the fake thunderstorms.

Check back in a few days when we'll hopefully have Jude's birth story and pictures posted.

0 comments: