Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 8th Anniversary to us!!

Today we celebrate 8 years of marriage and what a great ride it's been thus far. This past year has been filled with lots of travel, seeing our kiddos through their first year of school, celebrating birthdays, finding out we're having a fourth child, saying good-bye to one family pet and hello to another, and many more adventures. I'm really excited to see what the next year has year has in store for us.

Unfortunately, our special day began at 2:30 am this morning with James waking us up. I thought he sounded like he was still half asleep so I asked Brian to put him back to bed. Alas, he was sick and was having diarrhea and throwing up. It was quite a rough several hours for us taking turns staying up with James. I called our pediatrician's office when they opened and talked to my favorite nurse, Valencia. She told me that a virus was going around and they had several kids with the same symptoms in the waiting room. Not wanting to further expose John and Jude, I had her give me some tips on how to get him through the next day or two. I'm really hoping and praying that John and Jude don't catch the virus. I'm not sure I'm up for a whole week of vomit and diarrhea. Thankfully there is a light at the end of the tunnel today. We've got Victoria coming to babysit and the two of us will go eat dinner and see Eclipse at the Alamo Drafthouse tonight.

0 comments: