Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Decade Begins...

It's official. I have entered my 30's. The very last day of my 20's was better than I could have hoped for. I got to go to one of my favorite summer places - Schlitterbahn - with my family. James, John and I got up early to pick up my parents and my sister in Austin. Then we made the hour drive down to New Braunfels. We met up there with my cousin and her family and my aunt. We spent the morning at Blastenhoff riding the Wolfpack, Black Knight and Torrent river. After lunch we headed to Surfenburg and rode the Dragon's Revenge and the lazy river. James really shocked me by riding all of the big rides with me and my sister. He wasn't scared at all and can't wait to go back next year. John hung out with my mom at the kiddie area and the wave river. We all had such a wonderful time. I'm hoping we can make this a yearly event.

I know most people freak out about turning 30 but I'm really excited about it. My 20's were great. I met the love of my life, graduated college, got married and gave birth to three terrific boys. I worked for three great companies and made the greatest career change of my life when I became a stay at home mom. We've built two homes and lived in another country. We've taken many memorable trips both as a couple and a family. I'm looking forward to watching our children grow up, taking many more vacations and spending lots of time with our family and friends. Let the 30's begin!!

0 comments: