Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Preparations

Christmas preparations are well underway here at the Hadley household. I've been wrapping presents anytime the older two boys aren't home and I'm finally down to the last two. We also dressed the boys up in their matching pajamas to capture a picture or two for our Christmas cards. As always, it was an adventure trying to get all three kids to look at the camera and smile. I really wish I had a camera with a faster shutter speed. There were several times they were all perfect but I had to wait for my camera to be ready to take another picture. Oh well, one day we'll invest in a digital SLR.

Last weekend, we braved the super cold weather to attend the Mustang Family Christmas Party. It was at the Farm and Ranch Club which is a covered outside venue. It was chilly when we arrived and only got colder as the sun went down. The boys took pictures with the longhorn and got to visit with Santa. We did a gift exchange and had yummy BBQ for dinner. After dinner, we waited in line for Christmas themed balloons. James got a reindeer hat and John got a candy cane. We met up with our friends, the Weatherwaxes and got the see the Broeder family for the first time in forever (they have two kiddos the same ages as James and John). After that, we decided to call it a night and head home.

I've also been working on some homemade stockings for our family. I found some really fun Christmas fabric while we were visiting Sally and Jason at the beginning of November. Now that we're back at home, I was able to break out the sewing machine and get them made. They turned out really well in my opinion. It was my first time making something completely from scratch. I made the pattern on my own and managed to piece it all together.

Alas, there are no decorations up at our house yet. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and we can get both the inside and outside decorations up. It was dreadfully cold and wet last weekend.

Here are some out takes from the Christmas card photo shoot, pictures from the Mustang Christmas party, and our new stockings.

0 comments: