Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jude at 7 months

Wow, this month has flown by before my eyes. I really can not believe Jude is 7 months old already. I keep saying he's six months old. He's had a really good month. He's now eating four 8 oz bottles a day and two solid meals. He's been practicing his chewing a lot and is starting to eat small bites of bread whenever we go out to eat. He's going to really help me with portion control over the next few months. Anytime I sit down to eat, he stares at me with big eyes as if to say "when are you going to give me some?"

Jude has also finally made the permanent move to his crib. We kept trying to get him so sleep in there but then we'd have something happen that brought us back into bed with us. We're now back in our house and there's nothing lurking on the horizon so we've decided it's time to get him in his own room. Thankfully he's been doing really well. Most nights he sleeps the whole night but on occasion he'll wake up once or twice and need some comfort.

Jude is also doing really well with sitting up on his own. He rarely topples over anymore and will sit and play with toys for quite a while. He's also rolling over a lot and can push himself backwards when he's on his tummy. Every now and then, he'll push himself back onto his knees but he quickly plops back onto his stomach when that happens.

We're gearing up for Jude's first Christmas five days from now. We can't wait to see what he thinks of all the presents and wrapping paper. He really enjoys looking at the Christmas tree and will try to pull ornaments off if he's sat too close to the tree. We'll also be celebrating Jude's first New Year in another week. We can't wait to ring in 2010 with our little baby boy.

Of course my camera battery died before I could get a few pictures of Jude so I had to use my sister's iPhone. This is the best one I could get of him. The grin is classic Jude. I love how it makes his little chubby cheeks even more pronounced.


0 comments: