Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jude at 8 Months

Jude is 8 months old today. I can't believe how quickly this past month flew by. In this past month Jude celebrated his first Christmas. He really enjoyed all of the wrapping paper and excitement in our house that morning. He got some really wonderful new toys from friends and family. Jude also started getting up on all fours just before Christmas. Thus far he hasn't started crawling but he gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth before plopping back down on his tummy. While he isn't crawling, he does managed to get around pretty well. He rolls, scoots, and pushes himself to get wherever he wants to be. Jude is also getting pretty close to being able to pull himself up to standing. He uses my fingers to get himself up. I should probably get some standing toys down out of the attic for him. He's also eating three meals a day now. I give him yogurt for breakfast, fruit for lunch and veggies for dinner. He has a really good appetite and finishes three ice cubes of food quite easily. We've also been giving him biter biscuits to chew on while we all eat dinner. He's really good at sucking on them and if he does bite of a chunk, he actually chews and swallows it. I guess it's about time to start with fruit puffs and cheerios. He does a great job chewing and swallowing little bits of bread whenever we go out to eat. Jude is still sleeping well in his crib. Most nights we don't hear a peep out of him and if he does wake up, he just chats to himself and eventually goes back to sleep. He takes two good naps every day. One in the morning after breakfast and one after he eats lunch. Both are almost 2 hours long. Jude also started babbling this past month. Right now he really only says da-da. On occasion, I hear ma-ma but it's not very often. Jude is still a really happy, sweet boy. I love that the first thing he does when I pick him up is give me a HUGE hug. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses me on the cheek. The only downside is that he likes to grab onto my hair and pull really hard. I'm really looking forward to the next stages of his development - crawling, pulling up, talking more, walking, etc.

Here are some new photos and yes, I did cut off all his curls. His hair was just too long.

Getting in some floor time.

From Photos for Blog


Jude has mastered the side sit and can get from sitting to his tummy this way.
From Photos for Blog


Up on all fours.
Check Spelling
From Photos for Blog

0 comments: