Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cub Scout Twilight Camp

Summer is officially underway at the Hadley House. The first full week Brian was out of town for work so the boys and I just laid low. Lots of swimming, relaxing and getting prepared for three busy weeks in a row. The first week was spent at cub scout twilight camp. Unfortunately there are no pictures to share as I was too busy to take any/forgot my camera every day. James and John attended camp and I volunteered. Brian took the afternoons off to stay with Jude and John and get some work done on his truck. Camp was tons of fun but also VERY tiring. It officially ran from 3-8 but we were busy and on the go from 2-9 and sometimes later. Thankfully it really wore the boys out and they all slept late the entire week. James earned the Archery belt loop and pin, Baseball belt loop and pin, Marbles belt loop and pin, and the Soccer belt loop and pin. He's very excited to be receiving awards during the first pack meeting of the school year. There was only one little boy from his pack there but there were quite a few other kids from his school that he saw/were in his group. I definitely got the premier volunteer spot. I was with the Hummingbirds which were the 3-5 year old children of volunteers. The reason it was a primo spot was that we were in an air conditioned building the majority of the time. I think I'll definitely be volunteering for that room again next year when Jude can start attending camp. John was actually with me all week long and was pretty well behaved. We had play-doh which is one of his favorite things to do so he was happy as long as it was out. We did TONS of arts and crafts and spent about an hour or so outside in the little swimming pools each evening. You could definitely tell the kids and volunteers were tired as the week went on. Each day seemed to end earlier and earlier. We had to do a lot of cleaning the last day and the boys and I were still left camp before 8:15. It was a great week for the kids and I think it will be on the list of things to do next summer.

0 comments: