Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pandamania!!!

Week 3 of summer was vacation bible school and week 1 of swim lessons at Houston Swim Club. This year's theme was Pandamania, where God is wild about you! The boys and I had so much fun!!! Even Jude seemed to have fun in the nursery this year even though he cried every day when I dropped him off. I was actually quite happy to not be assigned to either one of my children's group this year. My group was comprised of 7 little girls who will be starting first grade in August. I think the director knew I had four boys and decided to take pity on me and only give me girls. They were all so sweet and a wonderful change from my kiddos. We all had fun learning the songs and dances and of course the message of the day - God made you, God listens to you, God watches over you, God loves you no matter what, and God gives good gifts. There were also Bible verses for each day but I can't remember them all. I think all the kids' favorite part of the day was skits. The junior high and high school kids do such a wonderful job acting out the stories from the Bible but keeping it fun and entertaining for the younger audiences. We also did a craft each day, ate a snack, watched a video and played games. Everything we did kept in mind the message of the day. I'm sorry I don't have any photos to share. The director told us not to take pictures since some of the parents didn't want their children photographed.


Each day after VBS, we picked up Jude and Jonah and headed back to the family center for lunch. While this was convenient, James and John didn't care for the lunch provided on a couple of days. Next year we might have to pack a lunch for those days. Once we ate lunch and wound down a bit, it was off to run a couple of errands before heading to swim lessons at Houston Swim Club. My mom found the swim club online and offered to pay for the boys' lessons this summer. They had a great first week. I knew James would do well but was worried about John. He doesn't like his face to get wet so I knew that would be an obstacle for him. Thankfully he's been willing to get his face wet and actually swim underwater for his teacher. I'm hopeful that by the end of the two weeks, that he'll be on his way to being a proficient swimmer.

0 comments: