Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bye-bye glasses and contacts!!!

Ever since April, I've been having troubles with my contacts. They bug my eyes and once they get irritated, I can't get them back in for a few days. Finally at the beginning of the summer, I gave up wearing them unless I was swimming. I always said I wouldn't get LASIK until I reached a point where I couldn't take wearing contacts any more. Well I finally reached that point and last week I called Berkley Eye Center and set up a consult. I went in and heard all about the options for my eyes. After talking to Brian about it, I scheduled the surgery for tomorrow, 7/8. I'm super nervous and anxious but so excited about being able to see 20/20 without the help of contacts or glasses. So everyone who reads the blog, please say a little prayer for me as I go in for surgery tomorrow morning. Pray that it all goes well, that I don't completely freak out and that I heal well and quickly.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm sure your procedure will go really well. Michael had it done in October and didn't have any problems. He loves not wearing glasses!

Rebecca and Vic said...

That's so exciting! I would love to do that as well, I am sure it will be wonderful to be rid of contacts and glasses, give us an update afterwards!