Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kindergarten Rodeo

After a fun night at the Houston Rodeo, we all had to get up early to get James off to school. Last Friday was the Kindergarten Rodeo which I volunteered to help out with. Of course, I didn't leave early enough to get a parking spot in the teacher parking lot so I had to unload all of the stuff for our game (Rattlesnake Toss) and then go find a parking spot on Falcon Landing. Unfortunately, we arrived a bit late and didn't get a great spot to view the square dance before the games. Thankfully I spotted James and he spotted me so he knew I was there watching. It was so much fun to see him perform all of the songs he's been singing around the house for the past few weeks. After they finished singing and dancing, the kids headed back to their classrooms for a water and potty break and to pack up their back packs. This gave us volunteers time to set up the games. I brought stuff for the Rattlesnake Toss and some logs for the Cactus Races. John was a really great helper and picked up all the snakes after each kid had their turn. Jude on the other hand was super clingy and kept spitting up on me. Thankfully the event didn't last as long as planned and before too long all three boys and I were headed home for some rest and relaxation. My pictures turned out horribly. I don't know what it is about that gym but I can never get a decent shot. I did however get some video of the kids dancing and of John doing the Cactus Race. I'll be sure to get those posted soon.

0 comments: