Thursday, October 21, 2010

Downtown Aquarium

Since Brian was going to be up at the land all weekend, my parents and I decided to take the boys to the Downtown Aquarium for the day two Saturdays ago. I hadn't been since it first opened up back in 2001 or so. Since then they've added so much stuff since then. The best part was that Brian finished early at the land and was able to meet us around lunch time.

We met my parents there around 10 and got our day passes. Then we rode the train that takes you over to the shark tunnel. It was really cool and we got to learn a lot about the different types of sharks they have in the tank. After the train ride, James begged me to ride the tower ride with him. Man, my stomach can't handle those types of rides anymore. Thankfully I had an empty stomach. Otherwise I would have lost my lunch. It took us up and dropped us at least 10 times. Two or three times is fine but definitely not ten. While James and I were on that ride, my dad took John on the carousel. Once we were done with those activities, it was time to meet Brian for lunch.

Lunch was AMAZING. The food was fantastic and the boys really enjoyed walking around the huge aquarium they had in the restaurant. We got to see a couple of birthday parties while we were there eating. Man, I don't even want to know how much those cost. After lunch, we walked back downstairs and went over to the aquarium exhibit. We got to see tons of different types of fish and other aquatic animals. The highlight of the tour was the white tiger habitat they had at the end. We got to learn all about the tigers from the keepers and after the speech, we got to watch them play together.

After the aquarium exhibit, we headed back out to the rides. We rode the train again so Brian could go with us. Then we rode the Ferris wheel together. James kept begging to ride the tower thing again and thankfully Brian volunteered to go with him. He had a blast again!! I have a feeling he's going to be our thrill seeker. My mom took John on the Ferris wheel again while James and Jude rode the carousel. It was Jude's first time on a carousel and he loved it. Once we were done with the rides, we let the boys play in the splash area for a while before heading home. There were lots of slips and falls but all in all, they enjoyed cooling off. Everyone had a wonderful time and the boys all passed out on the drive home. Thanks Mom and Dad for a fantastic outing!!!

Here are some photos I took that day.

0 comments: