Saturday, October 2, 2010

Jonah is 1 month old!!

The saying is definitely true. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Jonah continues to be a wonderful addition to our family. It feels like he's been with us for a lot longer than a month. He's still sleeping well at night and only requiring one feeding between the time I go to bed and the time I wake up in the morning. At his one week appointment, he was down to 4 lb 15 oz but was back up to birth weight by 2 weeks old. He'll go back to the pediatrician on Monday for another weight check. I can definitely tell he's growing as he's out of newborn sized diapers and fits well in the size one diapers he's wearing now. Plus his newborn clothes are starting to fit much better. He's no longer swimming in his pajamas and onesies. When Jonah left the hospital, we were lucky to get 20 mL a feeding and now he's easily consuming anywhere between 85 and 105 mL per feeding. He's still eating 7 times a day as well.

Recently, Jonah is having longer awake periods, usually one in the morning and one in the evening. It's so nice to be able to look him in the eyes and talk to him. Speaking of eyes, I think his are going to be brown. They really don't have any hints of blue. I don't think they'll be dark chocolate brown like John's. I imagine they'll be lighter brown. Jude still loves to kiss Jonah's head all day long and has been very gentle with him. The only bad thing - if you can call it that - is that Jude takes Jonah's pacifiers and puts them in his mouth. Jonah's had a few baths now that he's at home and thus far is not a fan. Jude used to hate getting a bath but loved to have his hair washed. Jonah hates the entire thing and cries from the moment I undress him to the moment he's dressed and back in someone's arms.

I am so happy and thankful that Jonah's settled into a routine this early. I really stress the thankful because with getting two kids to and from two different schools, a routine is really necessary. I think there's only been one day where Jonah's been hungry at the wrong time - right when I need to get John ready to go to school and right when we need to leave to pick John up from school. For the most part, Jonah eats when I wake up and before the other boys wake up and then is fine until after we get home from dropping John off at school. He also eats at 1 pm so he's done before we need to get back in the van at 2 to go pick John up. I hope and pray he continues to make my life easier by eating at the right times.

Here are some photos of Jonah since we've been home.

From Photos for Blog


From Photos for Blog


From Photos for Blog


From Photos for Blog

0 comments: