Sunday, November 21, 2010

November Pack Meeting

This past Monday, I got to attend my first Cub Scout Pack meeting with James. Brian normally takes him but he was in Italy for work for the week. It was quite interesting. They did the Bobcat initiation activity with three boys who had not attended the camp out. It was very interesting and I kind of wish I had seen James do it. After that they did announcements and then handed out the awards the boys had earned since the last pack meeting. James earned his Bobcat badge, his fishing belt loop and pin and his bicycling belt loop. I told him he needed to wait until we got home to put the belt loops on which he accepted but after seeing all the other Tiger Cubs putting their belt loops on, I changed my mind. He was so proud of himself. Once the business portion of the meeting was over, the Webelos led the boys in a game. It was sort of like dodgeball and all the kids had a blast. Personally, I thought they played a little too long but eventually they wound down the game and ended the meeting. I volunteered to be the Membership Chair for the pack so I imagine I'll be attended pack meetings regularly now.

From Photos for Blog


From Photos for Blog

0 comments: